Friday, January 16, 2009

Deep Thoughts by Pamela Quigley


I have a really good sense of smell. It's really good. Like a bloodhound. If I was a superhero, my power would be that I can identify almost any fragrance in a flash IF I've smelled it before. You will not hear me say, "Are you wearing (___I'm actually having a trouble coming up with a fragrance I'm not familiar with...___)?" because I haven't smelled it yet.

Also, (maybe this is what freaks them out the most) often I can still smell it at like 3 in the afternoon even though you put it on at like 7am. This also goes for some shampoos, men's cologne, hand lotions and times when someone says, "It smells like... I don't know.... it smells like something in here." I can usually give a pretty good description like, "burnt popcorn and pledge," and at that moment they look at me and say, "YES- it totally does!"

Try me.... I freak people out.

5 comments:

LucyinStLou said...

You'd be a good wine taster! My freaky power is hearing really loud pitched things. When walking the dogs at 6 a.m., I can walk by individuals homes and hear the alarms start to go off. Don't even get me started on dog whistles...

Jen said...

LOL that is so cool!

Anonymous said...

i did try you yesterday, you won.

Trisha said...

WOW, that was deeeeep!!!!!! ;)
haha

That is quite interesting. I'm going to have to give it a try on Saturday. ASSUMING I will be seeing you on Saturday. =D

Rhonda said...

Nope, not a superhero power -- vampire power. Anyway, how do you feel about baby powder smells?? :P