Monday, December 22, 2008

Traditions!

I've been tagged by JenP! So...on to our Christmas traditions.



This will be the 3rd Christmas for Michael and me. We've been trying to set some traditions of our own this year- especially since it's our first year married. Growing up, my family always celebrated Christmas Eve with my dad's side. We'd all go over there after 4:00 mass and eventually Santa would show up and pass out presents. Sadly, that tradition ended a long time ago because my dad's side is so big and my aunts and uncles became grandparents themselves and started their own traditions. After that, we'd still get together at my parents' house with the family that still chose to celebrate together.

Christmas Day was always reserved for waking up WAY to early to open presents, go to mass if we hadn't already, and then we'd head out to my grandma and grandpa's to celebrate with my mom's side. The location has since changed, as it does every year now but we still get together. That's always been one of my favorite parts about Christmas. Every place we go, no matter what, there is always an extreme amount of food! I love it.

This year we will be doing things differently. Michael and I are going to start our own family traditions. We will go to my parents house on Christmas Eve. On Christmas morning, we'll wake up, I'll make coffee while we exchange our gifts and then we'll head over to his parents for their annual eggs Benedict brunch. We will spend the remainder of the day there and if we have time and aren't feeling rushed, we'll make it to Christmas with my mom's side of the family since it usually goes really late.

It will be kind of weird to possibly not see my family on Christmas Day but it sure beats watching the clock. I hate that. This year we'll get some real quality family time in and I'm very excited about that.

I'm tagging Kelly, Sarah Gone Wild, Katie and Maria!

Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Have I ever told you how much I LOVE eggs benedict? ;)

Angie said...

Eggs Benedict brunch!!!!! Why didn't I think of that! That's my fav breakfast food eva.
Sounds like you're going to have fun.
Merry Christmas Pammy!