Friday, December 5, 2008

Random Friday

#1 - Teresa helped me make butter a few nights ago! She said it was fun and she actually enjoyed the finished product. (I think she was lying about the fun part.) I have plenty of pics to document the occasion and when I'm not feeling as lazy, I will post them.

#2 - My husband's brother and his wife gave us our wedding gift a few days ago.
I LOVE it! It is crazy timing because I saw something eerily similar online and tried to recreate it in Photoshop.... not smart. How would I display it? Anyway- his wife started talking about how she wishes he could find a way to sell them. He is a wonderful artist, this is handmade.... are you thinking what I'm thinking? I told him about Etsy.com and now he has a shop! Peruse it. tell your friends!

#3 - When loading the dishasher, how do you load untensils and servingware? The end that goes into your mouth is down, right? I think it should be for a multitude of reasons: when the dishes are clean, why would you grab that end with your grubby hands? Also, if another person has loaded the dishwasher (say... at work) and a different person unloads it, the second person might not notice the knife pointing up and cut herself. I know this because it happend to me! Be careful, folks.

#4 - I have been hearing all these commercials on the radio about the "cleanse/detox" drinks. I think this is the new fad. My concerns are this: not only will the products dehydrate you if you don't drink enough water but also wouldn't a laxative essentially do the same thing?

#5 - I love that our office still has free coffee in the kitchen area. I hope that doesn't change.

#6 - If the economy isn't on the upswing soon, my husband is going to develop an ulcer. Please cross your fingers that something changes soon!

#7 - Speaking of my husband, usually my first call of the day is to him because I've forgotten to tell him something like, "My garage door remote is broken so don't drive away until you close it." Anyway, just for giggles I usually hit the redial button. I love it when the last call of the day before was to him because when I do hit redial, I don't have to type out his whole number. 9 (to dial out)-area code- blah- blah. As stated in Random thought #1, I can be (but am not always) pretty lazy- mentally and physically.

I think that's all for now. I'm a pretty random person so I'm actually surprised I don't have more posts like this... it's probably for the better. Have a great weekend!

*Edited for spelling and typing errors... I hope no one caught them before I was able to correct myself.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok...i just want everyone to know that "no" i do not have an ulcer. In fact...i sleep like a baby. Yup. i wake up every two hours screaming and crying!

(ok sorry pamela...i had to say it...she's heard me use that joke a zillion times in the past few months!)

I love you!

Maria said...

#3 - I put the end that goes into your mouth up. A friend read somewhere that it's better to do it this way because detergent residue can build up at the bottom. If you have the end that goes into your mount up, you don't have to worry about it. I hope that makes sense!

Maria said...

Pamela's husband...you are too cute! :-)

Trisha said...

Pamela's husband is funny! ;)

I put the end that you put your mouth on up too (just like Maria). Reason being, well, for the same reason as well! You can especially notice it on spoons if you put the part that you put your mouth on towards the bottom.

BTW: To answer your question from yesterday. I shot with Kelly Manno, (who set up the shot party) and about 20 other STL area photographers. I just read her blog that she was having this and she said to e-mail right away if you wanted to be included because there were only a few spots open, so I did and there was room for me. I will try to remember (I have a horrible memory) to e-mail you the next time I hear of one. I know that she is trying to set one up in a junk yard with a swimsuit model (she likes the more "different" shoots). :)

Pamela said...

thanks trisha! and if you forget, i'll forgive you. :)

haha- my hubby is funny.

ok, ok... i get it about the dishwasher... maybe i was being dramatic...

:::goes to remove the sign taped to the dishwasher:::

Anonymous said...

LOL at Michael!!

#3 - we put ours in the opposite way. I was always taught to load the dishwasher the way you do (eating end down), but DH insists that it should be the eating end up cause they get cleaner that way. Whatev...I let him win that one. :)

N. said...

That was one of the most random, random posts, I've ever read! :)

Eating end up! They get cleaner that way, at least I think so. And I always wash my hands before I unload, and I've never had a dishwasher at work before, so no one's grimy hands touch silverware I eat from.

Pamela said...

Nikki- that is what my brain is like ALL. THE. TIME... :)P

Maria said...

Pamela...I forgot to add that I do put the knives in the dishwasher sharp side down for the reason you pointed out. The exception is the butter knives. :-)

Jennelle said...

Eating side up--they get cleaner, plus in our new dishwasher there are slots for each utensil so that they don't all fall on each other and stick together so they don't get clean. So we literally can't put them in the other way. :)

Mary said...

The part of the utensil that goes in your mouth must absolutely go down in the dishwasher! In fact, someone was doing it the other way at my MIL's during Thanksgiving and it took every fiber of my being not to say something. And I'm impressed that Kristal lets Chad have his way on that one!

Katie said...

Eating end up, except for the knives.

I loved your random post...in fact, I just love you posting at all! :)

Michael is funny!

Jamie said...

#1 - Teresa was not lying....she seems like she's always having fun!

#2 - LOVE LOVE LOVE the sign. I saw that etsy seller too, but she's overseas and its ridiculous to have something shipped.

#3 - eating part down. There is no other way.

#4 - remind me to tell you about the time I did the master cleanse.

#6 - mine, too. except mine doesn't comment on my blog. or read it for that matter!!

Amanda, Mandy, Manda, Tomato said...

#3 - I always put everything with the eating side up. Except knives. One of my pet peeves is when people put pointy sharp knives in with the pointy end up. I learned that one the hard way.