Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Bread & Butter

As mentioned before, Teresa and I made bread and butter. (Does that sound weird to anyone else?) Anyway, this is my version of the night in pictures.


As any good session in the kitchen goes, everything starts with some wine. Thankfully, Teresa found a nice sized bottle of Riesling. No... this picture isn't out of proportion. That bottle was HUGE!



Doesn't it resemble a TeeBall bat? I'm pretty sure my little brother had a red, plastic version of this as a toddler.



The ingredients for the butter. (Salt not pictured.) Seems simple enough.



Shake, Shake, Shake, Shake, Shake IT! Four minutes down, sixteen to go!



The bread was done before I got there and now the butter was done. We sat down to watch the Britney documentary- which sucked- and 40 minutes after that, the wine was done too! (Her husband drank some too- I swear!)



Here's a picture of our spread complete with two types of bread, two types of butter, cheese, pumpkin spread and the wine. Not bad.


15 comments:

Stephanie said...

Um, yum!! Dave and I had an amazing guava butter on our honeymoon in Puerto Rico that I would LOVE to re-create. Any advice??

Pamela said...

hmmm.... the butter we made was super easy. would your butter be as easy as just adding a touch of it somehow....? hmm.... teresa??

Katie said...

I'm hungry again! That stuff looks tasty...and I'm jealous of your butter making abilities, as simple as you think it is. :)

N. said...

Yum! That all looks so good!

Jen said...

Mmm, carb fest ... my kinda party!

Jamie said...

Wow. All I can say is I can't wait until Friday!

LucyinStLou said...

Wow, I am jealous! Wine, bread AND homemade butter? Sounds like heaven.

Maria said...

That looks delicious!

Lisa said...

My mouth is watering! Everything looks so yummy.

Anonymous said...

LOL. Love these pictures. :)

Coree said...

Oh dang...that looks great! I am getting hungry looking at that. Yum!

Amanda, Mandy, Manda, Tomato said...

....drool....

Teresa said...

Stephanie, normally to flavor a butter you would just whip in the chopped/pureed ingredient in a mixer. That of course, might be kind of difficult with an exotic ingredient like guava.

Sorry I don't have better advice!

Mary said...

Thanks for actually posting pictures, cough Teresa, cough. I knew I could count on you, Pamela, for photographic evidence of the evening. It looks like so much fun, but there's nothing sadder than coming to the end of a wine bottle:(

Katie said...

I left you a present on my blog! :)