Thursday, February 26, 2009

I feel cheated!

I work with a lot of those "really cool" parents that bring in the order forms for their kids' fundraisers. (My parents never did that for me.) Anyway, I managed to avoid most of them but I was suckered into buying some Girl Scout cookies. This really is a terrible thing.... especially for my waistline.

Well today the cool mom drops off my two boxes (hey, they're just lucky I bought them in the first place and I was not about to buy more that that!) Trying to contain myself, I put them aside so I won't eat the entire box. This lasted for about an hour and then I dove right in. With excitement, I tear open the Tagalongs and much to my chagrin... they're smaller! They are much flatter and the diameter is not as large as the Tagalongs from my day. Of course I ate them anyway but it makes me sad to know that I just wasted 140 calories on two cookies the size of quarters.



OLD TAGALONGS




NEW TAGALONGS: they look more like thin mints...



ACTUAL PICTURE- from my iphone
ignore unpainted nails, crappy lighting, blur and multiple beverages in the background...




14 comments:

Jen said...

Bummer ;)
We no longer have ANY of those cool parents at work...so if I want any GS cookies (Samoas are my weakness) I'll have to stop by a stand outside of Schnucks somewhere.

Enjoy them while they last!

Amy said...

My neighbor's kid suckered me in for 4 boxes, Yes, 4.

and i am going to be pissed if my samonas look like that......

LC said...

OH NO! I bought a box of those to! They are my favorite!!! Sucks :(

N. said...

What is the world coming to, when even the Girl Scouts are trying to screw us over?!

Jennelle said...

NOOOOO! Those are my fave, and I bought 2 boxes! We haven't gotten them yet, maybe our Girl Scout will deliver them tonight...

Maria said...

Shut the front door!! LOL!

I would feel cheated too. Don't be messing with our cookies Girl Scouts!!

Stacey said...

Despite the fact that KC calls 'em PB Patties (and Samoas are Caramel Delights... how annoying!) mine weren't flat at all. Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

Girl Scout cookie sales crumbling

Pamela said...

stacey- i am so glad! and i hope everyone else's are a little bigger than mine.

Katie said...

I would feel cheated too! I ordered some thin mints...hopefully, they haven't gotten thinner also! I will be so mad.

Jamie said...

Whoa!!! Wow...that really, really stinks. Really. Stinks. Bad.

Mary said...

Are those the peanut butter ones? What a gip! Actually, Jason and I were just having a conversation about how we'd rather just have a regular ol' bakery cookie than a girl scout cookie. None of them appeal to me (no that I wouldn't eat them if that's all there was!).

Morissa said...

OH NO! I bought 2 boxes of those. DANG IT!

Emily said...

Those are my favorite! I feel like the get more expensive and yet...they make them smaller. I definitely don't buy as many as I used to. My mom used to buy a bunch and store them in the freezer. Nothing better than frozen thin mints!!