Thursday, February 5, 2009

25 Things About Me

For those who haven't seen this... I know you're just dying to know these random facts about me.

1. I hate ketchup- like in an intense, almost fear-like way. I hate looking at it and the smell. I think it's the tomato/vinegar tanginess. BLECH!

2. I love Bloody Marys and tomatoes. I also like salt and vinegar chips.

3. I'm almost 26 and I still can't watch a scary movie without getting nightmares.

4. One of my biggest fears is letting people down. I hate to disappoint.

5. Another fear is identity theft. I probably fear it more than death.

6. I don't really have any regrets now. I might have at the time but now I think that all of my mistakes really made me who I am and for the most part, I like who I am today....

7. ....although I've been trying to lose the same 15 lbs for about 2 years. That part about me can change. :)

8. I had a not-so-healthy obsession with the Twilight series. I'm finally returning to my "normal" state... if I ever had one to begin with...

9. I once went to Schnucks and only bought cat food and alcohol. After leaving, I realized why the cashier looked at me like a pathetic, lonely cat lady.

10. I am really, really hard on myself. Because of this I frequently get hives, eye infections, random viruses and so on. When I ask my doctor why these things happen they almost always tell me that it's a physical reaction to stress.

11. For every bad thing I do or say, I try to do one or more nice.

12. Before meeting my husband, I never knew I was capable of loving someone so much. I can't even imagine what having a child will be like!

13. Oh yeah, I can be annoyingly gushy.

14. I have a really good sense of smell. It's honestly creepy. I'm like a bloodhound. Unfortunately some of my best skills aren't able to go on a resume.

15. I also have pretty good intuition. I can usually sense a funky mood, a lie, when people have a secret or are upset, etc. I'm also pretty good at calling the ending to a movie.

16. I talk fast but I think even faster. I frequently have about 3 thoughts, a song stuck in my head and god knows what else going on simultaneously in my brain. It's like a circus in there!

17. For the life of me I cannot get my ass out of bed on time. I hit snooze about 3 times. I wish I was one of those people that get up 2 hours before the need to leave. I would workout, shower, make coffee and do my make up at home instead of getting out of bed with barely enough time for a shower, forgoing coffee and applying make up in the car on the way to work.

18. I've been told that I'm a "fixer" and a "saver" meaning I like saving friendships that don't need to be saved and trying to fix damaged people that would rather stay damaged.

19. Because I consciously try to be positive, negativity annoys me.

20. I must sleep with a fan on. It’s a hereditary disease my mother passed on to all of her children. No fan = no sleep = tired, crabby, worthless Pamela.

21. I can rub my belly and pat my head at the same time. I can't draw a circle (in the air) counterclockwise with my hand and move my right foot in a circle clockwise at the same time. Try it- it's impossible.


22. I will be friends with just about anyone. You don't have to earn my friendship to get it but you do have to earn it to keep it.

23. I don't like feeling stupid. We all have our days when we aren't as sharp as others but I hate it when people make me feel like an idiot. It seriously pisses me off.

24. I like making lists. For anything. (It's actually the main reason why I decided to do this.) I have tons of different lists and nothing gives me greater satisfaction than checking everything off and throwing it away.

25. My family has done some crazy/extraordinary things: my sister has psychic tendencies, my little brother has about 100 lives, my dad is probably the fastest man on the planet, my mom has sung (sang?) for the pope twice with the STL cathedral choir, my grandma was a pro tennis player and opera singer and my aunt is the US ambassador for Luxembourg. I swear to you, all of this stuff is true even though it sounds incredibly outlandish.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can do #21. :)

And I think you need to elaborate on #25!

Coree said...

I am with you on #17 & #20!

No matter how early I say I am going to get up, I never do. I always have just enough time to shower, dress and drive to work. I have to always put my makeup on at work.

I also always have to sleep with a fan on all year around! I guess it's the white noise that soothes me.

Mary said...

#9 made me LOL. As for #17, I had roommates like you in college! I never understand why it's better to press snooze and have interrupted sleep than to just sleep later and have uninterrupted sleep.

Pamela said...

Kristal- I must not be explaining it right... crap! It's supposed to be impossible because it uses the same side of the brain or something... I don't know.

I'll clarify #25 in another post. It's kind of long. :)

Trisha said...

I hear ya on #3!!! (Though I'm a few years older than you. ha)

11. That sounds like me!!

17. DEFINITELY me!!!!

22. Yep, me too!!

24. Ric makes fun of me for lists all the time!!!
(We're like twins or something!) ;)

25. AWESOME!!!

sarah said...

Okay, your numbers one and two...I love ketchup but hate tomatoes AND Bloody Marys, and salt and vinegar chips. We're opposite freaks. :)

And the Twilight obsession is a much needed retreat from our stressful everyday lives, thus making it HEALTHY!

Angie said...

What an awesome post! I like you, you crazy freaky drunk cat lazy.