Friday, October 3, 2008

Seriously? Who does that?

My dentist and I are quickly becoming very VERY close. Why, you ask? Well, two years of not ever going has taken quite a toll on my mouth. Gross... I needed a lot of work done so I've been seeing her about once a week or so for about a month and I've got about two more appointments before we're done. (Not counting actually getting my wisdom teeth pulled... that will happen in January. DO NOT tell me about any of your experiences, I BEG you! I am already scared enough.)

Yesterday I went in for two fillings. I suppose I'm getting used to being shot with novocaine and such because half way through the prodedure I fell asleep! I swear to you. I woke up to her telling me to open my mouth. I guess I was tired and she numbed me up really well and well.... I dozed off for a few seconds. Seriously. Who does that?

6 comments:

Trisha said...

I know you said not to tell you, but this is a good one, I promise! ha

My cousin (slightly ditzy), had to have hers taken out. A few weeks later she makes this statement: "If you ever want to do anything FUN. . .go get your wisdome teeth pulled." Apparently she had a GOOD experience! :) (I guess it's possible?!)

I know the feeling. I went in last week with a toothache, thought FOR SURE I had a cavity in my mouth. Nope, sure didn't. I paid $80.00 for them to tell me they're not sure where the pain is coming from. GEE, thanks! Even so, I HATE THE DENTIST!

Trisha said...

*wisdom
(ha)

Jennelle said...

Honestly, getting my wisdom teeth out wasn't that bad! I had all four removed at once (they put me out), and it took less than half an hour. There was some pain, but I think a lot of that was because the first day I thought it would be a good idea to have Pizza Hut. :) I went to an oral/maxillofacial surgeon so I don't know if a dentist does it differently, but you'll be fine, I promise!

Pamela said...

thanks ladies!

i will be going to a surgeon. *whew*

Katie said...

It's good to see you blogging again. ;)

I had mine taken out and never had an issue. I didn't even need the meds they gave me. You too, can be one of the lucky ones! :)

Maria said...

I wish I could fall asleep at the dentist. I usually get the first appointment in the morning and the dental hygentists talk too much for me to just close my eyes and relax.