Thursday, October 9, 2008

Just call me Susie


Susie (Suzy?) Homemaker that is, because last night I cooked a meal. I cooked it all by myself- without any recipes! (No, it was not a frozen pizza. Smartass.) This may seem incredibly trivial and silly to some but I am not a cook. I can barely boil water without it overflowing. Here's the thing- it was good. I swear! My husband ate it all in seven minutes. What was this meal? I will tell you. It was not difficult at all so even I can't completely understand why I feel the need to blog about it.

I made baked salmon with a light sour cream, fresh dill and red onion spread. For sides I sauteed asparagus and red onion and garlic mashed potatoes. I don't know why but I just feel like this is a milestone in my domestic bliss. This is actually the third thing I've made in the last few weeks. I'm taking baby steps. First, I baked fresh mozzaerella on tomato slices with balsamic vinagirette and basil. It was kind of like bruschetta- but better. Then I made a chicken noodle soup. I don't know how I did it and I probably couldn't even give you a recipe for that but the fact that I did it made me (and my husband) proud.

6 comments:

LucyinStLou said...

That all sounds great. How impressive! I am going to try the baked mozzarella. How high was the oven and how long did you bake?

Pamela said...

Oh geez, Lucy! Umm... i think i baked at 250 for about 15 minutes... I probably could have gone a little longer but hubby and I were impatient.

PS I like your new outfit!

Claire Uncorked said...

Look at you! Maybe Miss Lucy has inspired you. Hell, she's been my inspiration for a while now, but I have yet to cook a single thing. Anyway, good job!

Anonymous said...

is that a picture of it next to your blog? i knw you said you were snapping pictures last night...

Amy said...

yay, sounds yummy! i am so about cooking now, and that sounds delish!

Jennelle said...

Sounds delicious for a non-cook! I'll have to try some of those. :)