Thursday, November 6, 2008

My current obsession

I have been searching for the perfect, brown riding boot for forever. Seriously, this season they are all the rage but my search began in the Fall of 2006 when my 9 -yr- old cousin was wearing them with a long peasant skirt and I thought to myself, "That not only is totally my style but I think I could actually pull that look off!" What can I say? I guess my little cousin and I were ahead of our time when it came to boots. I actually had a hard time finding them at all and I settled on a pair (that I instantly decided I hated) and got a good season out of them. Then they fell apart and my search continues- although you might say it never really stopped.

Now those damn boots are everywhere. I'm suffering from lust. Lust for boots. I have fallen in love with this pair:
The brand is Bandolino, style Edwena. Note the perfect stacked 1 1/2 inch heel, the rounded (but not too round) toe and minimal buckles and crap. I've seen these a few times and was waiting for the $150+ (not including shipping) to go on sale. Yesterday I saw them for $104 including shipping! Isn't that amazing? Well that sale is over now and leaves me thinking, WHY DIDN'T I BUY THE DAMN BOOTS!?

Today my friend Kelly emails me a link. It is a similar boot (one might argue that it is actually better) for a much better price at JCPenney's. The brand is St. John's Bay, style June. They are on sale from $110 marked to $43. With glee I choose my size. In black? No, I'd like brown. That shoe is not available at this time. Are you kidding me? I've called three locations to be told that they are out of stock or online only. I did a google search and every link I click sends me to the JCPenney's website. This is so depressing. Is it childish of me to want to throw a temper-tantrum over not having the boots? Probably, but inside I am pouting like a toddler. Please don't judge me.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute shoes! I like the ones from JCP!!

Jamie said...

Kind of scary because I'm looking for the same thing.....have you enlisted the Queen of all Shoes (aka Kristal) to help you? I scour endless.com and dsw.com - I'm sure the first ones will come back on sale....!

N. said...

Everyone I know is searching for the perfect boot! I, too , need some brown ones, but they're so dang expensive!!!
I'm with Jamie... we should all get Kristal on the hunt for us.

Carrie said...

I just bought these suede boots online: http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7438923/c/947.html

And by "just bought" I mean I read your post, decided I wanted boots, went online and bought them.

I'm not happy with you :P

LucyinStLou said...

Love the boots! I can totally symphathize. Hope you find your size or something close.

Claire Uncorked said...

I can't judge, I do the same thing all the time. Cute boots, though - both pairs! I hope you find something, but if not, I suppose you can take a cold shower or something. (Yeah, I think I'm funny.)

Maria said...

Hell, I would be frustrated too! I find that, in general, it's hard to find brown shoes (especially when I'm looking for something in particular). Good luck girl!

Jenn said...

Eh...no offense here, but I just can't get into the riding boot thing. I need me some stilettos ;)

Carrie said...

Back to the reason I went on zappos.com in the first place -- do any of these strike your fancy (all under $100ish):

http://zeta.zappos.com/product/7449642/color/332

http://zeta.zappos.com/product/7350745/color/6

http://zeta.zappos.com/product/7266142/color/309

http://zeta.zappos.com/product/7357056/color/119597

And a few more pricey options...

http://zeta.zappos.com/product/7446093/color/2576

http://zeta.zappos.com/product/7446093/color/2576

http://zeta.zappos.com/product/7463195/color/8473

Now I have to get back to work...

Pamela said...

wow, carrie! that was very nice of you- i like them all!

and i really like the ones you bought!

Anonymous said...

If you go into a JCP they can look up the shoe for you on the computer. They'll either hold them for you or ship them for $5 if they have them anywhere in the district (which includes surrounding states)

Jen said...

Totally not judging you as I suffer from the same boot-lust affliction. But with just about no budget and most boots like that in the £80-£100 range I am going to remain unsatisfied, sadly.

Mary said...

Wow, it looks like Carrie has you covered. It's so frustrating to have the perfect pair in mind, to think you have found them, but then to not be able to buy them in your size/color/etc. I hope you find a pair!

Anonymous said...

Cute boots.

I totally feel you! Yesterday I was on a hunt for grey ankle boots at also found a PERFECT pair also on sale at JCP online and they were NO LONGER AVAILABLE, darn it!