Monday, July 14, 2008

Two years ago today...

I met my Husband. If you would have told me a week and two years ago that I'd meet the man of my dreams and marry him, I would have probably laughed in your face! If you ask him how we met, he'll just tell you that I showed up on his doorstep one day. Actually, I worked with his roommate and knew he had single friends. His roommate called one night and asked if I wanted to hang out and I jumped at the chance. He said that a cab would be there in 20 minutes and in 20 minutes I was ready to go, he was waiting on the curb and shaking his hand. To be totally honest- I almost didn't give him my phone number. Actually, I was about to give him the rejection hotline! I figured that this guy was way out of my league and to avoid disappointment altogether, I should just walk away. As I was writing it down, I decided to take a chance. I am so glad I did.

We didn't date for long before love came and smacked us in the face. It is so true when they say, "When you know, you just know." Almost six months to the day after we met, he proposed. It was perfect. Sixteen months after that, we were married. I know that not many couples remember or celebrate the day they met but we do. That day seriously changed everything!

He is so awesome. He even sent these to work today! I'm the luckiest.

9 comments:

Katie said...

Aww Pamela, that is so sweet of him. Cute story too!

Anonymous said...

im gonna have to come down there and take a gander and get a whiff. stunning. good job michael : )

Jen said...

Sounds like you've got a keeper :)

sarah said...

You are too cute. When are we drinking together again?

Rhonda said...

LOVE IT! He does have a soul!! Ok, I'll stop with jokes. That was the last one, promise. Michael is the kewtest.

Mary said...

How sweet! I guess romance doesn't die once you say "I do."

Maria said...

Happy Anniversary!! Michael did good! :D

Stacey said...

Don't worry, there are at least 2 other dorks out there who celebrate the day they met too! :P

Anonymous said...

aw so sweet. We're about to have our four year since we met anniversary.